Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Bits About Me: My Digital Story

Bookmark and Share
The process:

I chose to use voice thread for my digital story.  I started using iMovie, because it is a program I am very familiar with, but found that it was challenging to get the timing of images to line up with my voice recording.  So I decided to switch to using voice thread.  

I had never made a voice thread before but found it very user friendly.  All I had to do was upload pictures, choose the order, and add audio or text comments.  There is also the option to add video comments but my web cam didn't seem to work with the program for some reason.  

Although the program is extremely easy to use, I still spent quite a bit of time working on it because I had trouble making my voice sound natural.  Whenever I know I am being recorded I have trouble sounding conversational and turn into a robot (I also have had a cold the last few days, which didn't help).  However, after doing about a million or possibly a billion recordings, thank goodness it is easy to edit, I am more or less happy with the results.  

I am not sure how long my story should be, so Dean or anyone else in the class, feel free to leave some comments if you think it needs something more... I can still go back and make revisions.  Also, any other general suggestions are welcome.  

So now here it is...  (Use the arrows to go through the pages).  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger